Friday, October 15, 2010

Day Two Hundred and Eighty Eight

And my baking streak continues. I made the most awesome ginger cookies today. I decided to call them Sandy Spice cookies for a few reasons:
  1. They are rolled in a combination of sugar and cinnamon before baking that makes them look sandy. 
  2. My mom (aka Sandy) loves ginger cookies.
  3. My friend Sandra loves ginger cookies as well, and I am going to give her some for her b-day this past week when I see her tomorrow!
Click on read more for the recipe!





Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Preparation:

Combine flour, soda, and spices in a bowl and set aside. Cream sugar and margarine. Beat in egg and molasses until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended. Chill for 2 hours or more. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes, until set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Be nice!