Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day Thirteen

I thought today was going to be a boring "stayed at home and worked" day, but it ended up being more. Not much more. Nothing exciting happened, it's just that when I thought of having another post that didn't say much it worried me. So I stopped working around 2PM and headed to the gym.

After another awesome workout and tons of time to think while on the treadmill, I decided to go to the library and get a cookbook. First thing I noticed when walking into the library was another one of the stones that had an awesome message, "Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you though times of no libraries". How true that was! I was going to the library to get a cookbook rather then the bookstore to buy one.

One of the only good things about having to take a job that paid a lot less is that I am learning to be a tiny bit more frugal. The library and I have become really good friends lately. After looking through a ton of cookbooks I found one that I think I will like. It is called "The Essential Best Foods Cookbook". It claims to have recipes that use foods that matter most to our health like salmon, pomegranates, avocados, berries, chili peppers, quinoa, and more. This is what I was looking for; good, healthy, nutritious food. Not boring, tasteless, diet food. I also stopped at Whole Foods and got some pink Himalayan salt and fresh mint. I plan to make some cookies using both, it should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Be nice!