Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day Forty Eight

A tornado struck my house today! Okay, not exactly a tornado, but it seemed like one! Martina and Paloma stopped by to help me with some things around the house. First Paloma showed me all the foods she had made to stock my fridge with ready-made and easy to prepare meals. And Martina unpacked and put away the fresh fruit, organic coffee, and European chocolate she stopped at Trader Joe's to get for me.


The meals consisted of lentils, teriyaki tofu and veges, garlic chicken and veges, and the most wonderful salad ever. The salad was full of pineapple, kiwi, olives, red peppers, walnuts, and carrots. It was topped with a mouthwatering oil & vingar ginger dressing. And it now resides in my belly! She also brought me some homemade yogurt. Homemade yogurt? I can't wait to try it!


As soon as the food was put away they set out to rearrange things so it was easier for me to get get around on my walker and so the things I needed were more easily accesable. They then cleaned the living room and kitchen, swept the floors, washed the dishes, cleaned out the fridge, and took the garbage and recycling out. 

During all this they opened the curtains and patio door so I was surrounded by fresh air and sunshine while snug in my bed with my leg propped up.

Later that evening Daniel came by with the things he had picked up for me including my prescriptions, as well as dog food and flea medicine for Riley.

Diana also dropped by to let Riley out to play with Bailey a bit and to chat.

It's days like these that are so nice that make me wonder why I had become such a recluse the last few years. I really like hanging out with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Be nice!