Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day Sixty Five

My buddy Daniel and I took Susie to her first roller derby bout tonight and I think she really enjoyed it. We sat in the handicap area so it was spacious and not squishy in the stadium seating (I have to find the positives with being injured).

The matches were fun to watch though the first one was a total blow out for one of the teams. The second one was a lot closer which is much more fun to watch. What made it even more cool was that over 5100 people came out to watch it and that was a world record for modern day flat track roller derby attendance! How cool is that!?

Watching it made me really, really, want to start skating again! Come on leg, HEAL!

We did have fun trying to think of more derby names and Daniel came up with one that I like because it keeps sticking in my mind, "I Don't Care Bear". I thought it was real cute and fit me. I could also practice my Care Bear stare to intimidate the other girls. I came up with the name, "A Sin A Min. Sugah" (Get it?  Cinnamon Sugar!) Hmmf. Well I am still thinking of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Be nice!